Each week, CanesOverHere's very own DarthIbis produces Epic
Fails of the week. These are college football's embarassments
and colossal failures, for those unfamiliar with the tradition.
Here is this week's latest, also seen at: this link on CanesOverHere.com's football
Here's some general observations about this week's games:
- The whole conference is in Epic Failure mode. Nothing happened this
week to alter the general consensus that this is easily the worst BCS
conference... and possibly even worse than some mid-majors.
- I have to call myself out here. I truly
thought the conference would go 3-1 in the first two weeks against the
SEC. Clemson getting rolled and us coming up short reversed that. (Ole
Piss coming up short almost made it a sweep.)
BC vs. GT
- Someone (I think it was Randy) already accurately characterized this
as a "pillowfight." I was trying to watch to see what might be in store
for us, but I switched to something different because I didn't want to
- Losing to MTSU, barely a 1A team, is unacceptable.
- I don't need to go into detail
since you can refer to one of several threads about firing Nix, etc.
One facking TD would have given us the lead anytime before the 4th
- Directly responsible for the 9 points (and
indirectly for three more.) It's never a good thing when your kicker is
the leading special teams tackler.
- I guess being on TV didn't seem to faze them from pulling a home-job.
- NC State, Virginia, and VT for their narrow victories against 1-AA
competition. Clemson and That Clown College for Girls for each
scheduling two 1-AA teams within the first 3-4 weeks of the season.
- No big failures this week
- a2m for struggling with New Mexico and Colorado for having a
nail-biter with Eastern Washington.
- Second straight upset victim to the butt pirates - exposed for the
pretender that they were.
- Connecticut for needing OT to get by Temple
Syracuse for getting plowed by a MAC team.
Strip Mall U for letting UCF score 14 in the final minutes to force
- Scheduling mainly saved them from having any big events to note.
- Michigan 16, MiamiOhio 6.
OTU needing 14 4th quarter points to get past OhioU.
- For fighting back to force overtime, only to come up six inches short.
- For not being in a conference.
- For losing to 1-AA New Hampshire
- For making people think Ball State is a good team.
- Because we hate them (and their 14-point comeback against the Aztecs.)
- For being a doormat for the Big Ten
- MWC refs for the Udub-BYU game.
- Colorado St. for almost losing to Sacramento and New Mexico for not
quite finishing the job against a2m.
- For being in a position to force OT, getting a penalty, and botching
- Losing to State Penn by 31 points.
- For attempting to play football at D 1-A level.
- Did I mention the SEC officials?
- For choking against Vandy.
- For being the one team to lose to the ACC.
- For sucking so much Teblow rooster.
- Arkansas having to make a late comeback against uLm.
- For having their only two wins this week being against 1-AA teams.
Jay Wilson is a frequent contributor on CanesOverHere.com
and resides near COH headquarters in Charlotte, NC. He can be reached
About Jay * Articles
Index * Home * Forums